INTRODUCTION TO THE TERMS AND SERVICE
The Urban Cleaner agrees to provide cleaning and turnover services to the Client per request. A service request can be a direct booking through our website www.theurbancleaner.com, a request or booking via text/ email or phone, or via any software, platform or project management tool to manage your guest bookings/ turnovers etc., that you give us access. Every newly assigned cleaning/ turnover service via any software or platform will be a new service request. By requesting or directly booking one or more of our services in any way, you agree to these Terms of Service. We will always try to perform the requested services within the requested time frame or until the latest due time (most of the time before a scheduled check-in). The Urban Cleaner reserves the right not to accept, cancel or reschedule any requested service or booking at any time. The Company is not able to accept a service request or is in a position that forces the Company to cancel or reschedule. The Company will let the Client know as soon as possible before the actual date of the requested Service. In case of online bookings that have been paid for, Company will refund the payment for the cancelled/ not accepted service request.
You the Client (Customer, property owner, property manager, leaseholder), are hiring The Urban Cleaner (Company) to clean a vacant home, condominium, rental apartment or "Airbnb" ("Property," "Job Site," "Place," "Unit"). The charges for our services are for the agreed dollar amount ("Rates," "Fees" Charges) - set out on our website, which can be requested). The Urban Cleaner or any agents, employees or third party providing services on our behalf ("team members") for a maximum of a fixed amount of working hours of cleaning, turnover services or related services. Our team members will do their very best to make sure the Client's property is clean and guest-ready every single time they provide a cleaning.
Our flat rates are subject to the property being in a state of regular repair. If the guest/tenant has not maintained the property and it is deemed to be in a state of bad repair by our teams, we will advise you before starting the work that we need to switch to an hourly rate of $42.00 per hour, per team member. Hourly cleaning services are subject to our discretion. Items left behind or damaged will also be reported, as well as any need for maintenance when noticed. There are no refunds. By using our Services, you agree to the terms of this Agreement and agree to pay the total due to us. All agreements are contingent upon accidents or delays beyond our control.
Feel free to contact us at email@example.com if you have any questions about our Terms of Service.
CLEANING AND TURNOVER SERVICES
The Urban Cleaner specializes in providing cleaning and turnover services to hosts and vacation rental/ short-term rental operators/owners. We reserve the right to alter or modify these terms at any time in which you will be given the revised Agreement, and your continued use of the Service implies agreement with these terms.
To allow us to provide our cleaning and turnover services, the Client agrees to the following:
- Provide complete, accurate and timely information about the property, the guest and other information reasonably requested by us or which you consider relevant for the provision of appropriate services at all times;
- The Client needs to respond to any requests made by The Urban Cleaner via text/ email or phone, or the client dashboard. The client is responsible
- Make sure we have access (and are allowed to have access) to the property for the time you requested our services;
- Inform all relevant stakeholders (home/ property owner, property manager, leaseholder, front desk, leasing office, concierge, guests, tenants, etc.) about us accessing the property to provide the requested/ booked services;
- Make sure the property is safe to obtain and in a condition that's safe for The Urban Cleaners Team members to perform services;
- Comply with the provisions, requirements/ your obligations herein as outlined in terms of Service
- Pay our rates, fees, and costs upon Service rendered;
- The Client at any time, during or following the provision of the services, directly or indirectly solicit or entice away (or attempt to solicit or entice away) any employees or contractors of The Urban Cleaner, including our teams or contractors, from our employment or engagement.
- Agree to indemnify and hold us harmless from and against any claims, liabilities, damages, losses and expenses including (without limitation) reasonable legal fees, arising out of, or in connection with, any breach by you of these terms.
TEAM MEMBER OBLIGATIONS
Team members either work individually or in pairs depending on the size of the job site. Team members ' only purpose while at the job site is to perform cleaning and turnover services. It is the Urban Cleaner policy that Team members do not smoke, eat, use beds and furniture to sleep, or do anything else other than their job on the worksite. It is forbidden for our Team members to have any other persons other than The Urban Cleaner Team members on your property.
THE FIRST TIME WE CLEAN THE RENTAL
- Whether you are looking for one-time or regular Service, our first visit is a deeper clean of the property
- A deep clean appointment takes longer than ongoing vacation home cleaning and leaves your rental easier to maintain on an ongoing basis.
- Suppose the condition of a place requires us to take a more in-depth approach. Meaning that certain items need a more thorough clean to make them presentable and "guest-ready," and the average cleaning duration for that specific place is, therefore, exceeded. We will have to call it a deep cleaning.
- The Urban Cleaner flat rate prices are based on the particular assumption on levels of cleanliness and the time required to clean your home based on the number of beds and bathrooms, levels and square footage of the property;
- The Client will be liable to pay for additional time spent cleaning the property. The Urban Cleaner will do their best to communicate and report such circumstances immediately upon entering the job site.
EXCLUSION (WHAT WE DO NOT CLEAN)
- The Company is not responsible for damage due to faulty and or improper installation of any item. Examples would be broken or improperly installed blinds, tiles, curtain rods, shelves, loose carpet, etc. All surfaces (e.g. marble, granite, hardwood floors, etc.) are assumed sealed and ready to clean without causing harm.
- Team members are prohibited from using ladders Team members may not climb higher than a two-step step stool, stand on cabinets, work outside of the property, move furniture or lift any objects over 35lbs. Team members will not pull out any appliances (e.g. stove, fridge, washer/dryer) due to the possibility of causing floor damage or disconnecting the appliance resulting in damage. However, if the Client moves these appliances out beforehand or has it arranged to have them moved while team members are at the job site, team members will clean behind them.
- We can not clean the job site if requested to remove shoes. It is unsafe for team members not to wear shoes at a job site. Team members may be able to bring disposable shoe covers.
- Leaving the premises for any type of errand (this includes going to laundry facilities, and any other area outside of the building being serviced)
- Team members have been instructed to leave certain items untouched (e.g. bodily fluids, excretions, pet waste and litter boxes).
- Seasonal insect infestations can also be a problem and may prevent us from thoroughly cleaning a home. If roaches, fleas, bedbugs, or rodents are encountered, we will not clean and call you ASAP regarding the problem. In this case, the Client will still be liable to pay the agreed-upon cleaning fee.
- The price of vacation rental cleaning is for unfurnished units. If the unit is occupied, this is a housekeeping service, and the quoted price will be at the housekeeping service rate.
- We do not clean properties with guests/owners present.
- Cleaners will not unpack large amounts of supplies or set-up packaged supplies/equipment example: delivery boxes/bags (this is considered Staging and extra time will need to be booked to complete such tasks)???
Furthermore, our team members shall not undertake the following activities:
- Furniture Treatment
- Carpet Treatment
- Cleaning of exterior windows
- Gardening & garden shed cleaning
- Mould and bio-hazardous substance removal
- Industrial cleaning
- The lifting of heavy furniture
- Cleaning surfaces above arms reach
- Extermination (insects etc.)
- Cleaning of items that appear to be broken or are likely to break during cleaning
- Our teams will report prominent and visible damages caused by the previous guests. However, it is not always possible to identify all damages. We are not liable for any damages caused by guests that are not reported.
- The Urban Cleaner is not responsible for items that appear to be broken or are likely to break during cleaning;
- The Urban Cleaner is not responsible for damages due to faulty and or improper installation of any item; examples include, broken or improper installed blinds, tiles, curtain rods, shelves, loose carpet, etc.;
- If instructions by clients have not been documented, all surfaces (e.g. marble, granite, hardwood floors, etc.) are understood to be sealed and ready to clean without causing harm.
ACCIDENTS AND DAMAGES BY CLEANERS
- Due to nature The Urban Cleaners business, cleaners are required to touch virtually everything on the job site. All Teams trained to be cautious. Teams are instructed to call our Support Team immediately and to leave a note advising the Client if items are damaged while cleaning. The Support Team will contact the Client to determine the best course of action. In such an event, if an item is damaged or broken, we reserve the option of repair or replacement. The dollar value of a "one-of-a-kind" item damaged while cleaning must be verified and confirmed to reach a subsequent resolution.
COMMITMENT TO CUSTOMER SATISFACTION
- All complaints or issues in regards to missed items need to be in writing to Company via email or text (please request via the website contact us form) within 24 hours after the Service or within 6 hours after check-in. Photo evidence will be required, and we encourage our cleaner to send photo evidence of their clean; If the complaint is determined to be legitimate, the Company will take care of the missed item or items. The Company reserves the right to correct all issues within 24 hours of being notified.
- The Urban Cleaner and Team Members are there to clean. Cleaning does not include the following task: fixing damages or remedies for extreme dirt, extreme soap scum, mould/mildew that has rotted out caulk, neglected grease build up cabinets, mineral build-up etc.. If during the cleaning Team Members come across a situation that they just can't get "clean" they will call the Support Team, and the Support Team will contact the Client ASAP to discuss.
- Access must be granted within 24 hours for the reclean, and the additional reclean will not be charged (generally 1-hour maximum will be needed);
- Re-cleans must be scheduled during off-peak hours, and our Clients must arrange our access with their guests. Guests can not be present during a reclean and can not give instructions to our teams.
- We respectfully ask Clients to schedule their appointments as far in advance as possible to secure the requested service date and time. Bookings can be made up to 90 days in advance. It is recommended that guests book their appointments one (1) week in advance;
- The Urban Cleaner reserve the right not to accept, cancel, or reschedule any requested service or to book at any time;
- The Urban Cleaner will do our best, and this happens rarely?
- If a booking spot is not available online, please email requests to firstname.lastname@example.org and check your customer dashboard to confirm your booking.
APPOINTMENT ARRIVAL TIME WINDOWS
- We require a five(5)-hour window to schedule your property, which means a check-in/check-out time of either 11:00 am to 4:00 pm OR 12:00 pm to 5:00 pm.
- Our team members require the full scheduled time frame or until the latest due time to cover any delays beyond our control.
- If your property is large and takes longer than four(4) hours to clean, please contact our support team at email@example.com or (647)772-4111.
CHANGES TO REQUESTED SERVICES
- Please email Company at least one(1) day before the scheduled cleaning with any special requests so that we can schedule the extra time needed or additional workforce to complete these tasks and provide you with the Client with an updated fee/cost.
- The Company will provide an estimate; however, it reserves the right to adjust the quote once team members have arrived at the job site.
- Any alterations or changes from the Flat Rate Turnover Cleaning Services involving extra work, will be performed at an extra charge. Any last minute or emergency cleaning services are also at an extra charge.
- Other items may be requested to be cleaned; these should be discussed with the Company before the date of the requested Service. There may be an additional cost to clean items not listed in the 'included services' per cleaning.
- All communication must be made directly to our support team. Our team members are instructed not to complete any task requested outside of their set task assigned to the team member. We ask that any changes be made by 4 pm, the day before your scheduled cleaning;
- There may be an additional cost to clean items not listed in the 'included services packages' per cleaning assignment.
CANCELLATION AND RESCHEDULING AND ACCESS POLICY
- Up to 24 hours before your booking, you may reschedule or cancel for free!
- Within the 4–24 hour range before your booking, you may reschedule or cancel; The Client is charged 50% of your scheduled booking.
- Within 4 hours of your booking, you may reschedule or cancel; The Client is charged 100% of your scheduled Service.
- The Urban Cleaner reserves the right not to accept, cancel or reschedule any requested service or booking at any time.
- If team members arrive during the requested cleaning day/time, and they are turned away or can not gain access to the job site for any reason. Our Customer Support Team will contact the Client immediately. Our team will wait for a maximum of Fifteen (15) minutes before proceeding to their next appointment. The Client is charged 100% of your scheduled booking.
- If The Urban Cleaner is made aware that our team can gain access to the property after the Fifteen (15) grace period, but no longer than thirty (30) minutes after arriving at the job site, our teams reserve the right to decide to leave the property and reschedule. The Client is charged 100% of the scheduled booking fee. Should our wait no longer than thirty (30) minutes (The Client is charged an additional late-access fee" of $40.00).
- To avoid cancellation fees, we require 24-hour notice of cancellation or rescheduling. All cancellations and reschedules done with our Customer Support Team will only be confirmed once a confirmation message has been sent back to the Clients with the changes in the system.
INFESTATION RETURN FEE
- If team members determine during the cleaning that there is an active infestation of pests, including cockroaches, vermin, rats or mice, etc.., our team (s) will notify the Support Team. The Urban Cleaner will instruct the cleaners to STOP cleaning and leave the property. The Support Team will immediately call and email the Client to apprise them of the situation and what actions the Support Team took to protect Team Members. The Client will be liable for the full cleaning fee if the Client requests The Urban Cleaner to return to the property after successful extermination and removal of bio-hazardous substances have been removed. The Client will be charged the normal agreed upon payment for that new booking. Team members
The Client is must provide access to a free parking spot; otherwise, the parking fee (minimum of $2) will be charged (to your credit card/invoice); in addition to the cleaning, ensuring that our team members are fairly paid.
Laundry services include the following:
- Washing sheets (fitted and flat sheet, pillowcases, duvet covers); 2 bath towels per bedroom and one bath towel/ 1-4 hand-towels and 1-8 face-towels per bathroom;
- Making beds with clean linen
- Folding and place towels on the towel rack, bed or in the closet;
- We do not wait for linen to dry to make the beds and fold or hang towels; clients are expected to have extra linen and towels in a locked supply cabinet for teams to access
Laundry services DO NOT include the following:
- Washing duvets, comforters, blankets and pillows (request extra laundry service)
- Laundry Cleaning Supplies
- The cleaner will not perform off-site laundry tasks
- Please ensure that guest do not leave excessive towels and linens, we may have to leave some soiled laundry behind
- The Urban Cleaner will not take responsibility for any damaged linen from using the client in-unit washer and dryer;
- The Client must make sure that the washer and dryer are in proper working order, and safe, ready to use;
- The Client agrees that The Urban Cleaner will not be held responsible for any damages that occur from regular use of the Client's washer and dryer.
- We strongly suggest providing guests with garbage removal instructions. Suppose there is an extra amount of garbage in the property. The Urban Cleaner will charge for garbage removal of $50.00 and up.
- Garbage found on the lawn or balconies or the exteriors of the property (this includes cigarette butts and bottle caps). The Urban Cleaner will take minimum charge for garbage removal of $50.00 and up.
- We require detailed instructions regarding where items are to be placed on your property or in your home, and we will follow your direction as instructed;
- Short-term rental guests may mix recycling, compost and garbage; we are not liable for fines associated with the mixture of waste, and we do not sort trash, recycling and compost
- We love pets in our personal properties but, in a vacation rental property, pet hair is exceptionally challenging to clean. Pets can cause considerable damage to a client's investment. For The Urban Cleaner to remove the signs of the previous guest with pets, our fee is $250.00. We strongly advise our clients to protect their investment properties by not allowing pets. If Clients allow guests to have pets, we recommend purchasing a vacuum that comes with attachments that are powerful enough to suction pet hair and dander adequately to ensure a clean environment and clean your upholstery. Cleaning pet hair takes longer as it falls on all surfaces and becomes embedded in the fabric of the household.
WE HOLD THE RIGHT TO REJECT YOUR JOB WHERE THE FOLLOWING IS IDENTIFIED:
Dishonest, if we deem the level of labour is beyond the appointment you confirmed during booking (example: Client claims the property is two bedrooms and two bathrooms, but upon arrival, the property has four bedrooms and four bathrooms. Or, Client claims the property is in an 'acceptable' condition, and our team deems the property is in a state of bad repair) These situations are significantly more time to clean and would need the proper scheduled time. The Client will be liable for the 100% cancellation fee
Safety hazard, your property has any of the above items that "we do not clean"; Reasonable cleaning condition your property has not been maintained and not in a state of disrepair. The Client will be liable for the 100% cancellation fee
Harassment, The Client or Guest of the Client harasses our team members with, e.g. obscene language or actions, or following, watching, micromanaging their work etc. Such behaviour is deemed as stressful for cleaners and guarantees low service performance as a result; there is a zero policy for these actions, and our teams will be instructed to leave the property immediately. The Client will be liable for the 100% cancellation fee
Elevator down, The Client condominium high rise elevators are shut down. We cannot carry our Equipment up and down more than three levels of stairs. The Client will be liable for the 100% cancellation fee
- The Urban Cleaner may re-evaluate rates based on the time it takes to perform the Service or based on the scope of the project. Price adjustments or additional charges may apply in cases where the following exist: exceedingly dirty floors or kitchen appliances; extreme soap scum build-up, extreme greasy cabinets doors, etc. The Company will discuss any price or service changes with the Client.
- We will render invoices to you in respect of each service request, and such invoices may include services provided by Third Party Suppliers. The charges shall be payable immediately upon receipt of the invoice (sent via email)
- Overdue payments are subject to a late fee of fifteen percent (15%) for accounts overdue by seven days.
- We reserve the right to cancel any future bookings or not to accept any future service requests if we have not received payment for invoices that have been due for over 14 days. In the event the collection of an amount due to Company by Client requires legal or collection action, Client agrees to pay all costs of collection without limitation for reasonable attorney fees, interest on the past due amount, court costs, and all other costs associated with the collection action. Moreover, the Company reserves the right to place a lien and or a judgment upon Clients' property for delinquent payment greater than 30 days, and the Client agrees to pay all legal fees associated with this remedy.
We reserve the right to request reservation details to determine the length of stay of previous guests at any point. The honour system works very well, but we need to ensure we give our teams the time they need to do a proper job. We will not share your details outside of our Company without your permission. Our website, its contents, and our methods, terms and conditions, are our property and cannot be used without our consent.
The Company takes no responsibility for clients, guests, corporations, government or individuals, that do not properly register their property or have no legal right to rent their property as a short-term rental or other. Should our team (s) be removed from the property while he/she/they is/are cleaning, the Client will incur any costs associated with our presence for legal action. We can only assume that our clients have made sure they are within their legal rights to have us clean the assigned property. As a client, please be sure to obtain all necessary permissions for your rental. Remember, we manage our team (s) and not your property or guests.
LOSS OF REVENUE
THE URBAN CLEANER reserves the right to not accept, cancel or reschedule any requested service or booking at any time. This happens very rarely, but if Company is not able to accept a service request or is in a position that forces the Company to cancel or reschedule, Company will let the Client know as soon as possible before the actual date of requested Service. In case of online bookings that are already paid for, Company will refund the payment for the cancelled/ not accepted service request. We would not be liable to you or be deemed to be in breach of this Agreement for any delay in performing, or any failure to perform, any of our obligations if the delay or failure was due to any cause beyond our reasonable control such as shortages, unavailability, overbooking, severe weather, power or another utility cut-off, burglary, natural disaster, strikes, governmental action, terrorism, war, civil unrest or other similar occurrences. In no event shall we be liable for exemplary, incidental, indirect, special or consequential damages or any business, financial or economic loss such as lost reputation, lost bargain, lost profit, loss of anticipated savings or lost opportunity arising out of or resulting from this Agreement (even if we have been advised of the possibility thereof) and whether such loss arises as a result of negligence, breach of contract, tort or otherwise by us or any agent, employee or third party providing services on our behalf (including a Third Party Supplier) except to the extent the preceding limitation is prohibited by applicable law.
Current bylaws may restrict the short-term rental of properties. The Urban Cleaner does not condone nor encourage violating local laws and restrictions held in place by any municipality. Thus our website content is intended to support the facilitation of activities within the local legal confines. Please also refer to your property management rules and regulations, bylaws. The Urban Cleaner assumes no liability for violations made by ill-informed or negligent by Clients.
Clients may withdraw a service request and cancel the proper cleaning or turnover services up to 24 hours before the commencement of such services. Any charges already paid shall be refunded to you.
- Holidays include all official holidays, as well as any Monday following the holiday weekend, including Good Friday and Easter Monday. On holidays, bookings must be made by email and will include a 50% increase in price.
- Should we forget to block a holiday online, the additional rate will still apply. Should we forget to invoice the additional fee, we reserve the right to correct the invoice and charge at a later date.
- Holidays bookings are high demand periods; we need to ensure that clients do not book these days for a "just in case" option. We want to provide a holiday on ideal days to as many team members as possible and service clients that need us most. Note, if the client cancels a holiday booking with less than 48 hours notice, the Client is charged 100% of the scheduled holiday service fee.
RESTOCKING SUPPLIES & NOTIFICATIONS
- The Client is responsible for Re-Stocking supplies and Equipment. The Urban Cleaner can also provide certain supplies for an additional fee.
- The Urban Cleaner requires our clients to provide a locked space that can contain clean linen and towel to reset the unit and essential supplies needed to restock guest supplies. The locked space should be large enough for supplies, and there will need to be a lockbox inside the property if there is a key needed.
- From time to time, our clients may have storage lockers in other locations in the building of Service, If this is the case and our team members have to leave the unit to acquire the supplies needed. The Client is charged an additional restocking fee for the extra time needed to retrieve supplies.
- Our notifications are a kind reminder and are not meant to track all of the client's inventory needs. The urban cleaner can maintain and watch your space for inventory needs clients who sign up for Vacation Rental Maintenance plans on our website.
- The Client may terminate this Agreement by providing a minimum of 24 hours notice before the Service Time. The Urban Cleaner may terminate this Agreement with immediate effect if the Client is in breach of this Agreement.